Thomas V. Bennett has been practicing law in Massachusetts since his graduation from Boston College Law School. Mr. Bennett concentrates his practice in business, real estate, banking and commercial finance. From the basic to the complex, Mr. Bennett has solved his clients' real estate and business problems for over 40 years.
Mr. Bennett serves on the Administrative Appeals Board of the State Office for Women and Minority Business Assistance. He is the past President of the Waterville Acres Condominium Association, a past Trustee of the Clippership Cove Condominium Association, and a former Director of the Smaller Business Association of New England (SBANE).
Mr. Bennett writes a frequent column for the "Open House" section of The Boston Courant newspaper, where he answers real estate questions from readers. Over the years, he has published numerous articles on real estate and business law — click here to read his articles.
- Representation of a bank lending $9.8M for infrastructure
- Representation of a client who Mr. Bennett assisted with a purchase and sale agreement to buy a tract of land, obtained a zoning permit to develop it, swapped that parcel for another parcel of land in a different city, obtained zoning relief, represented him on the construction financing, created the condominium and represented him on the sale of 48 units
- Representation of a bank lending $6.3M revolving construction loan to a developer of 151 age-restricted condominium units
- Representation a manufacturing company in the financing of its assets and building;
- Representation of a seller of a portfolio of apartment buildings
Awards and Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated, a certification mark indicating that the lawyer's peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence
Banker & Tradesman - Best of 2010 & 2011 - Mr. Bennett's former firm, Barron & Stadfeld was selected by Banker & Tradesman's readers as the best attorneys for commercial and residential real estate closings two years in a row.
Frequent legal real estate column
The Boston Courant
(2008 - present)
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
March 19, 2007
“The Legal Audit” ("Commercial Real Estate Sales - Pitfalls to Avoid")
New England Real Estate Journal
April 21 - 27, 2006
“New Regulations Put Greater Restrictions on ‘Spam’ E-mail”
Section Review of the Massachusetts Bar Association
Vol. 7 No. 2 2005
“Reevaluating Homestead Exemptions Under New Limits, Interpretations”
Banker & Tradesman
November 15, 2004
Community Involvement and Memberships
Administrative Appeals Board of the State Office for Women and Minority Business Assistance, Board Member, 2008-present
Smaller Business Association of New England, Member (former Director)
Real Estate Bar Association, Member
Massachusetts Bar Association, Member - Real Estate and General Business sections